We are no strangers to the freshman 15, we are tempted every day with the most readily available food choice being fried, we take great strides to the pizza bar and then back to it for seconds– we are college students. If you feel that your unhealthy habits have check-mated your life, then this is the guide for you.
I have been there, struggling to make the right choices for my health, with every last one of you–
These little reminders are the things that keep me on track.
- Wake up early and drink a glass of water with lemon or lime, the citrus kickstarts your metabolism and preps your body for the day ahead.
- Stop drinking your calories. If you have a soda, or a 12 ounce juice a day, you are drinking half or your daily sugar allowance in just a few minutes. If you cut out those liquids, the amount of freedom you’ll have with the rest of your food choices will multiply. Plus, it’s better for you to get your sugars in a less concentrated form, like from fruits or veggies!
- Whether you want to shed a few pounds, or gain a few points on a fitness test, remembering why you started is what will keep you going when it gets tough.
- Eat slower, enjoy your food, you won’t feel the need to overeat if you slow down a little.
- If you’re having trouble focusing, hit the gym for even ten minutes of cardio activity, you’d be amazed at how well getting your blood moving will keep you on your toes for hours to come.
- Drink more water. That’s it! That’s the fitness secret. Your body is 65% water, how do you expect it to run without you replenishing that?
- Remember that the moment you are thinking about quitting comes right before when the magic will happen. If you quit, how will you ever get results?
By Sara De Noyo