Discover the essential ingredients for catching the holiday spirit at the 52nd annual Holiday Tree Lighting at Western Oregon University on Dec. 6. With a host of festive activities to entertain and delight you, here’s a game plan to enjoy WOU’s holiday traditions:
- Show your holiday and WOU spirit: Wear red or WOU apparel to attend the parade starting at 6 p.m., followed by the Santa’s visit and the lighting of the giant sequoia tree. Enjoy free hot chocolate and hot cider from WOU Alumni Association.
- Cookie tasters needed: Test your cookie tasting skills at the annual cookie bake-off. Guests get to vote for the best cookies.
- Santa’s Workshop: Visit the Werner University Center after the tree lighting to have your photo taken with Santa, hear musical performances from local children, enjoy refreshments and make crafts. If you’re able, consider bringing a donation for the Toys for Tots.
- Visit the Historic Gentle House: The Friends of the Gentle House invite you to its Holiday Open House 7 to 8:30 p.m. There will be live music, wine and refreshments.
- 2019 Making Spirits Bright: Spend Saturday, Dec. 7 enjoying fun-filled holiday activities including a pancake breakfast, the Reindeer Fun Run, holiday gift bazaar, live entertainment, a Kids’ Craft Fair, a Friends of Monmouth Library annual book sale with Mrs. Claus and more. Visit the second annual 2019 Making Spirits Bright website for the full schedule.
Want to learn more about the Holiday Tree Lighting festivities? Visit the website for all the details.