Today is our annual Giving Day, and we hope you’ll join us by Howling from the Heart wherever you are. Giving Day is Western Oregon University’s most impactful annual tradition that celebrates the power of the Wolves community and what we can do when we come together. We invite you to join alumni, friends, family, employees and students to invest in WOU’s mission of creating lasting opportunities for student success through transformative education and personalized support.
Every gift makes a difference. Support for the Student Success Scholarship and Fund for WOU help the university pivot and meet the demands of students in real time. For example, providing Wi-Fi hot spots last spring or emergency student aid during regional wildfires or additional training for faculty on virtual learning environments. There are hundreds of ways to support WOU, and we encourage you to give from the heart. Let’s “howl” together on WOU Giving Day and raise $100,000!
Ways to get involved
- Make a donation at wou.edu/give
- Spread the word to your networks (we have graphics you can use at wou.edu/givingday – like Instagram Stories templates where you can share why you’re giving or how scholarships have impacted your life)
- Share our social media posts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Check out video interviews with students who have been supported through generous donations
- Or read interviews with WOU faculty Dr. Flatt and students Nichole and Isaiah about the impact of donations on their work and school
- Wear red and show your Wolves pride!
Matches and challenges
- Finance & Planned Giving Committee Challenge: From 8 a.m. to noon on March 2, members of the committee will personally increase the first 60 gifts designated to the Fund for WOU of at least $34.50 by an additional $34.50.
- WOUNews Instagram Challenge: WOU Foundation Executive Director Erin McDonough and Wolves Softball Coach Lonny Sargent together will give $1 for every new @wounews Instagram follower on Giving Day up to $1,000.
- WOU Parent Match: WOU Parent Michele Haberlach will match any gift from a parent of a WOU student or alum to the Fund for WOU up to $1,000.
- Linked by Loyalty – Calling all Alums: The WOU Foundation needs your help as they attempt to get a gift from all classes! Have a loved one that is an alum, give in their honor or memory and that counts too! Have a future Wolf in your home, that counts! Babies born this year are the class of 2043! How many can we get between 1856 – 2043?!
- Social Shares Challenge: When 100 people share Howl from the Heart Giving Day posts on social media, alumni Justin and Leslie Hoeckle, both from ’05, will give $1,000 to the WOU Student Emergency Aid Fund.
- There’s more matches and challenges listed on our Giving Day website!
Thank you to everyone who comes together to Howl From Home today! Ready to make a gift? Donate now!